Zucchini Cream Cheese Pound Cake
I’m a zucchini lover, but when I came across this recipe I was slightly concerned that zucchini in a cake might be stringy and weird. I was oh so wrong. It’s the best part by a long shot. The water content of the zucchini makes this cake extra moist (yep, still a gross word, but there’s no substitute) and rich. The addition of cream cheese certainly doesn’t hurt either. I highly recommend you make this cake and get your daily dose vegetables and dessert all in one sitting.
Seriously though, this cake isn't really "good" for you but it is seriously GOOD!!!
|Zucchini Cream Cheese Pound Cake|
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (from 2 medium-sized zucchini)
- Move oven rack to top third of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Grease bundt pan with butter or cooking spray and coat with 2-3 tbsp of sugar. This will give your cake a nice crust.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, whisk together cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, allowing them to fully incorporate into the mixture before adding the next egg. Add vanilla and almond extracts.
- Turn mixer to low and gradually add in melted butter while the mixer is still running. Increase speed to medium-high and allow mixer to run about three minutes until mixture is smooth.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, and pour in the entire flour mixture, allowing mixer to run until flour is just incorporated. Turn off mixer, add in zucchini and gently fold in by hand.
- Pour mixture into bundt pan and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes until inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool at least twenty minutes prior to removing from pan. Cut and serve! Yields approximately sixteen slices.
Slightly adapted from the Joy the Baker Cookbook: 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes