But I actually love ramen and have found ways to make all kinds of creative dishes with it. If you're lucky enough to live in a larger city that has an Asian market, you'll be astounded if you check it out, by how many varieites of dry packaged noodles exist-thousands I'm sure.
Here is a favorite and super simple Ramen dish, everyone will like. It can be eaten warm or cold, add meat or veggies, double the sauce to drizzle on top, easy peasy!!!
- 1 package microwave type ramen (MINUS flavor packet)
- 2 Tbs smooth (creamy) peanut butter
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of your favorite bottled Oriental Dressing
- 1 tsp Siracha sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Optional: 1 tsp Fresh grated ginger, 1-2 tbsp cilantro and 1 tbsp peanuts) (for garnish)
(2) Meanwhile prepare the sauce:
2 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Oriental Dressing
1 tsp Siracha sauce
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 of the seasoning packet if you so choose
1-2 tsp water if needed to thin
(3) Mix sauce ingredients until smooth.
(4) Toss noodles with sauce, and then sprinkle with
cilantro and peanuts (or thinly sliced scallion/green onion)