Cinnamon French Toast Strata
|Photo Courtesy of Pillsbury|
This recipe is a version of the 2004 Pillsbury Bake-Off's Cinnamon French Toast Bake,
2 (12.4 oz) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing like Pillsbury (can use light cinnamon rolls)
4-6 large eggs (some people thought using 6 eggs made it too eggie-I didn't)
1/2 c half and half or whole milk
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1 c chopped pecans or walnuts
1 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray an 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Separate rolls into 16 and cut each cinnamon roll into 8 pieces and place randomly in dish.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over rolls. Sprinkle with pecans and drizzle syrup over all.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10-15 minutes. Remove covers from icing and microwave 5-10 seconds until softened enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle icing over top. Serve with additional syrup and powdered sugar.