Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles
Yesterday the weather reports indicated a massive snow storm coming our way. Living in the upper Midwest, that's really not so daunting, but we have been spoiled the last 5 or so years and haven't really had to worry about big totals of snow fall.
This storm though, was predicted to dump anywhere from 5-9". Which combined with a blowing wind makes for not so nice weather.
As it was, we received about 12" where I live. (Yikes!!)
I decided to make a delicious comfort food, one that warms your tummy and your soul and I did it in the slow cooker.
For everyone's Nana or aunt or whomever used to make this recipe, and is rolling over in their grave, please forgive me.
But this is truly so good, and well....EASY.
- 3-4 FBSCB-frozen boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 10.75 oz cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning (opt.)
- 2 cups frozen Mixed Vegetables, thawed (I used peas and carrots)
- 16 oz. pkg. Frozen Noodles
- Place FBSCB in the slow cooker.
- Mix the soup and water with pepper and poultry seasoning and pour over FBSCB. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8.
- Remove chicken pieces and shred or cut into bite size. Return to slow cooker along with vegetables and noodles. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for another 50-60 minutes. Enjoy.