And of course, who doesn't love an excuse to graze at a Potluck?
Certain people like to bring certain things like their favorite dessert or meatball, so I graciously opted to bring Deviled eggs.
Little do they know what they're getting......
Woo! those babies are green aren't they?
But then, they are full of the Blarney of the Irish!
So easy to do too........
10 Eggs-hardboiled, cooled and shelled
1/3-1/2 cup Real Mayonnaise
Pinch of Salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp Prepared Mustard
- Halve the eggs and place all the yolks in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with 3 cups of room temp water and place 10-15 drops of food coloring in your desired color in the water. Stir. 2-3 tsp of white vinegar is optional.
- Place all the egg white halves in the bowl and let set for 20-30 minutes. The longer they are in the solution the darker they get. So for a pastel color, shorten the time.
- Drain the coloring solution and place the egg white halves on a paper towel lined baking sheet(I used a paper grocery bag).
- Meanwhile, push the egg yolks through a fine sieve using the back of a large spoon and combine with the mayo, salt, pepper and mustard. Feel free to add minced Capers, pickles, Dill weed, etc.
- Place this mixture in a freezer bag and refrigerate.
- When ready to fill, snip off on corner of the bag, twist the top and "pipe" the egg mixture into each egg white half.
- Tada!!! Deviled Eggs-Blarney style, heehee.
Foodie Friday @ Designs by Gollum
Friday Favorites @ Simply Sweet Home
Foodie Friends Friday @ Busy Vegetarian Mom
Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday