Saturday, March 23, 2013

Liebster Award!!!

Well hello!!! I was nominated for a blogging award! How awesome is that?
A big thank you to The Non-Martha Momma !

"The Liebster Award is an award given to Bloggers by other Bloggers! That makes it even more special!”

Here are the Rules:
1.      Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2.      Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3.      Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4.      Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5.      No tag backs.


Here are my 11 random facts:
  1. I was born and raised in the San Francisco bay area.
  2. I lived in Pebble Beach for 5 years on a large estate-one of my life's regrets that I ever left. 
  3. I have 4 awesome children. 28, 26, 17 and 15. 
  4. I always dreamed of becoming a Doctor, but instead life steered me in the direction of accounting. Me, a bean-counter, never would have thought that. 
  5. I made a big leap and followed the light of My life to Northern Iowa, 20 years ago. 
  6. I have been a serious foodie and aspiring chef all my life. I almost cried when we got the Food Network on TV in our small town.   
  7. I could spend hours in a Trader Joe's or Whole foods. 
  8. All my kid's friends fight to be the one who stays for dinner.
  9. I was very athletic from a young age, but having the vision of a person wearing drunk goggles all my life blew that scenario. 
  10. I am humbled by how hard my husband works and how talented all my kids are. 
  11. I would eat sourdough bread and butter everyday, but I know that's not healthy ;).
My 11 Questions to Answer:
  1. Favorite vacation spot? Anywhere on the coast.
  2. What is your middle name? Susan
  3. Celebrity crush? Tom Selleck
  4. Favorite part of the weekend? Least favorite part of the weekend? Sleeping in. Sunday evening.
  5. Is this your 1st Liebester award?  Yes!
  6. Which side of the bed do you sleep on? The right, it's the furthest from the door.
  7. Do you smoke cigarettes or have you ever been a smoker? If you did smoke when and how did you quit? Yes, unfortunately I did and I do occasionally even now-stupid me.
  8. American Idol, The Voice, or X Factor....or none? The Voice!!!
  9. What were you like in high school? The tallest girl, athletic and smart. Three of the worst attractants you can have at that time.
  10. Scariest thing that has happened to you? Being diagnosed with breast cancer at 34, and them again at 41.
  11. Favorite late night snack? Popcorn. 



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination. You can see my responses here: http://viewfromrivermountain.blogspot.com/2013/03/i-got-blogger-hug.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination

    ReplyDelete

I relish your comments....