Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Picadillo Stromboli Braid



Picadillo Stromboli Braid--who'd a thunk?

Quite the mish-mash of Ethnic dishes....

This is the second recipe in a series of two for uses of Pizza dough. If you read my previous post; I had pizza dough proofing in my frig that I HAD to use. 


As it worked out, I had enough leftover Picadillo to make the filling. I snuck in a little more Spinach (heehee) and topped it with cheese. 



Tada!!! A really great weeknight dish. I think you could fill this with just about anything and it would get raves. Leftover Spaghetti, Mac n Cheese, BBQ Pork or Chicken, Stirfry....... and the list goes on and on.

Ingredients:
1 lb. pizza dough
2-3 cups of leftover Picadillo or any other great meal
1 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400F, I use a pizza stone. 
  2. Roll out pizza dough on a floured surface into a large rectangle. 
  3. Place your leftover ingredients down the center. Sprinkle cheese over. 
  4. Score 2" along the sides about an inch apart.
  5. then alternately, pull up and across the ends of the braid, left to right or if you prefer, right to left. 
  6. Place in the preheated oven and bake approx. 15-17 minutes. 
  7. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing across to serve. 
 See how the scoring works, it's pretty easy just use a paring knife.

 This is the pre-baked Stromboli Braid. Kind of looks like a little mummy....okay we won't go there.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kari! Your posts are not showing up in my feed even though I followed you! I'll have to make a note to check your blog more often! The recipe looks great! What is picadillo, a meat mixture? Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I wonder why not? Picadillo is a Latin meat hash. Very simple to make, it has lots of flavors going on. It's a family favorite and bonus for me it's a good weeknight meal.
    Try it, I think you'll like it. It goes great over rice or potatoes (baked or mashed) even noodles!
    Thank you Bama Girl!!

    http://sourdoughnative.blogspot.com/2013/04/easy-picadillo-with-lemon-parsley.html

    ReplyDelete

I relish your comments....