Perfect with white rice and a veg.
I made 3 lbs. and that was barely enough for 5 servings!!!
What is so nice about this recipe is that there is no frying, they are slow cooked and then brushed with the sauce and baked for the same amount of time it takes to make a pot of rice!
Winner in my book for an excellent weekday or game-night meal!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger(I keep mine in the freezer and use a microplane)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons or more Sriracha (or other Chile garlic sauce)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 lbs. Wings, tips removed and split or 10 chicken drumsticks, or an equal amount of pork ribs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, onion powder and black pepper.
- Place the wings in the slow cooker and pour the soy solution over and toss to coat.
- Cook on High for 4 hours and turn off or keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick coating.
- Pour the Soy solution that is left in a a small sauce pan and reduce until it thickens, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepare your rice.
- Place the wings, not touching, on the foil and brush with the reduced sauce (or simplify this step and just brush with your favorite Soy Marinade or Sauce).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds or not and serve.
Enjoy!Link Party Tab