That doesn't happen very often, but our girls went south towards Des Moines to visit with their sister for the weekend, and they took the pooch!
FREEDOM!!So we had 3 full days all to ourselves, at first it was like, gosh, what do we do?
We were packed in a flash and heading up to the Twin cities in no time. I had been dying to go up and visit the Global Market that I had read about and even saw featured on the Food Network.
On the way there we drove right by the "dollar house" that Nicole Curtis of the Rehab Addict on HGTV had remodeled!!
Inside the Global Market were lots of different stalls offering Mexican, Italian, Greek, and Middle Eastern foods. There was also a Middle Eastern market and I picked up 2 different kinds of Lebanese flat and pocket bread.
And of course one of the first things I made turned out awesome. Taco pizza is one of my family's favorites and it comes together in a snap, plus I had avocados to use. The bread made a beautiful crisp crust and it browned nicely.
Taco Pizza on Lebanese Bread
Portion out and sprinkle the Taco meat all over
Sprinkle with shredded cheese and diced tomatoes
Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 10-12 minutes. And then drizzle with sour cream and taco sauce.
1.25 lbs lean ground beef
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 20 oz. can of Refried beans-I used Black beans
1 tomato, diced
1 cup cheese
1/4 cup taco sauce
4 8-9" Lebanese flat Pocket Bread
1/4 cup sour cream mixed with 1/4 cup of milk="Crema"
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a saute pan, brown and crumble beef(drain if needed), add in seasonings and cook for another 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Spread 1/4 cup of refried beans on a flat bread
- Portion out 1/4 of the meat and spread over the beans.
- sprinkle with 1/4 of the diced tomatoes and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Drizzle with a tbsp of taco sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until bread is slighlty browned and crisp, everything is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Remove and drizzle with the sour cream "crema".
- Continue with the other 3 breads.
This recipe is shared on My Link Parties