Generally only served on a lazy weekend when I have more time to languish over cooking a great breakfast/brunch menu.
Today, on the 4th of July served another opportunity to serve this hearty dish to my family and share the recipe with you.
This is also just a great recipe for fried cottage potatoes, just omit the meat.
This is also a great base for a German Potato salad.
We loving having a potato side for our breakfast/brunch menu. And in this case a basic fried cottage potato dish is amped up with Corned Beef from the deli and diced onions.
What could be easier?
4-5 medium white potatoes, scrubbed, halved and diced into 3/4" cubes.
1/2 medium onion, diced
4 oz. Corned Beef deli meat, diced into 3/4" slices
2-3 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat a large saute pan to medium heat and drizzle in 2 tbsp of EVOO
- place potatoes in pan and toss to coat in oil, cover and cook for 13-15 minutes.
- Uncover and toss or turn to expose other sides to cooking surface. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp Garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
- Sprinkle onions over and Corned beef, toss or turn to combine. Continue to cook for another 8-10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Taste to adjust seasoning and test for potato tenderness.
This recipe is shared on My Link Parties