Another winner from the summer garden, These enchiladas may seem unconventional but in all actuality they are a common recipe in Hispanic cuisine.
Give them a try, they are muy delicioso!!
Using fresh zucchini, and ground chicken breast, they are light, yet hearty tasting.
Minimal ingredients are used to create this dish, using even your favorite jarred Green chili Salsa, lean ground chicken, fresh zucchini and shredded cheese.
What couldn't be easier or more delicious!!
8-6" Flour tortillas
16 oz. ground chicken breast
1 tbsp EVOO
1/2 onion, small dice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt and pepper
2 cups shredded cheese
16 oz. jar Salsa Verde, or Green Salsa
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a greased 2 qt. casserole dish, pour 1/3 cup of Green Salsa on the bottom and tilt to coat.
- In a saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat and cook and crumble chicken, add in onion, garlic, zucchini and seasonings and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly and toss in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp towel and microwave for 1 minute.
- Fill each tortilla with 2 heaping tablespoons of filling. Roll and place seam down in the casserole dish and repeat until all the tortillas are filled.
- Cover with the remaining salsa and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted.
We love to serve ours with Ranch Pinto Beans