My family thinks you can make anything better with Ranch. So I am carrying on the tradition and I upped the ante by making a classic chicken and Noodle dish more "Ranchy".......
Not that I would mind, its super simple to throw together, and the leftovers (if you should have any.....) are just as awesome!
Ranch Chicken and Noodles
1 (12 oz.) package egg noodles, cooked & drained
2 (10 oz.) cans chunk chicken breast, drained
2 (10 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
1 cup water
1/2 onion, finely diced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups frozen peas, or your favorite vegetable
1 cup panko, bread crumbs or finely crushed crackers
1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 3 qt. baking dish.
- Cook egg noodles and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, ranch dressing, water, diced onion, shredded cheese and frozen peas. Stir until combined.
- Gently stir in cooked egg noodles.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with Panko or bread crumbs.
- Pour melted butter evenly over top of bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes until bubbly, to encourage the top is golden brown, broil for about 5 minutes.
- This may be served hot or cold, it is delicious the next day as a "salad"!
This recipe is adapted from Brandie@ The Country Cook