Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Bake


My oven is starting to get it's workout this time of year.

We love the Bakes and casseroles that are so popular in the Midwest....but,
I just can't bring myself to like the processed cheese that comes in a block.

Bleh, it melts beautifully, but to me it tastes just a few molecules from melted plastic. So while the original recipe for this called for using that particular type of cheese, I subbed in a shredded Sharp Cheddar---YES!!!

This is one of those super fast meals that you'll have on the table in under 35 minutes (and that's with baking it for 25 minutes!).

Use pre-cooked chicken (I had a big roasted chicken breast, but you could use meat from a rotisserie chicken or even canned), jarred salsa (I used the last of my own fresh made), canned beans and your basic baking mix and this meal is in the bag...

Once baked, top it with your favorite condiments, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, etc.

Here is the "dressed" version--




Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Bake


Ingredients:
2 cups Chicken, cooked and cubed
2 cups Cheese, shredded or cubed
½ cup Salsa
1 tbsp Chili Powder
1 can Pinto or Black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup Baking mix (like Bisquick)
¾ cup Milk
2 tbsp Butter, melted

Directions:
1.    Preheat oven to 425F and spray a 11 x 7 or equivalent round size casserole dish with non-stick spray.
2.    In a large bowl mix chicken, cheese, salsa, beans and chili powder and spread evenly in casserole dish.
3.    In a small bowl, mix baking mix, milk and butter and spoon or pour evenly over chicken mixture.
4.    Bake, uncovered, for approximately 25 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and contents are bubbly.
5.    Cool slightly and serve. 


Recipe adapted from: Betty Crocker
 Enjoy!! 
This recipe is shared on My Link Parties

No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....