you really do.
They are so EASY and SO GOOD....
You have to make this, this Fall.
Add a little ice cream, vanilla-yah mon!- and you have Apple a la Mode-coma...
It takes minimal ingredients and you will WOW your family or guests. I used ONE bottle of a Hard Apple Cider, you could easily sub a can or bottle of lemon soda.
Either way, you have a dessert that is winner, winner..........
Your guests will say invite me over for dinner, but serve this for dessert.
4 large apples-cored and sliced into 8th's
2 pkgs of Cresent dough, separated into 8 triangles
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 cup butter
1 12 oz bottle Hard Cider (or lemon -lime soda)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Place 1-2 apple slices on each triangle of dough and roll up and place points down in the casserole dish.
- Meanwhile in a small sauce pan, melt the butter and stir in the sugars and cinnamon until till combined.
- Pour butter mixture over dumplings and then pour in hard Cider.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until most of the liquid is evaporated and the dumplings are lightly browned.
- Remove and cool slightly and serve with the extra sauce drizzled over, it's especially good with Ice Cream or whipped cream.
This recipe is shared on My Link Parties