I did a riff on the Greek dish, Pastitsio, which has a tubular pasta tossed with egg and cheese, a layer of meat sauce and then a creamy Bechemal sauce poured over it all and baked.
I used frozen meat filled ravioli's, a favorite jarred marinara and made an easy Bechemal sauce.Layer these with mozzarella cheese and you've got ooey-gooey goodness!
No one will be walking away from this super-easy cheesy, creamy dish.
1 32 oz. frozen meat or cheese ravioli-uncooked
1 20 oz jar of Marinara
2 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese
4 tbsp butter
2-3 tbsp flour
1 ½ cups milk
Pinch of Nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium sauce melt butter and stir in flour, cook for 2-3 minutes and slowly whisk in milk and nutmeg. Stir constantly until thickened, set aside.
3. Place 2/3 cup marinara in the casserole dish and spread around. Place one layer of frozen ravioli’s, cover with ½ of leftover sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.
4. Repeat this layer and then cover with the Béchamel sauce.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes, uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
This recipe is shared on My Link Parties