Even though we're still entrenched in Winter up here in the Midwest, there is no reason not to dangle a taste of Spring into our dishes!
This is a classic, simple way to bring fabulous flavor out in chicken, pork or fish. Simply season, lightly dust in flour, dig in egg and dredge in a parmesan/bread crumb mixture.
Then lightly fry in olive oil and butter. Add in fresh lemon juice and white wine and...
You get tender crispy and oh so flavorful cuts of deliciousness, that you can almost taste that Spring might just be around the corner.
Served with a fluffy baked potato and zucchini, you'll be counting the days to Spring!!
4 boneless, center cut Pork chops (or chicken breasts or firm white fish fillets)
1 tsp salt and pepper
2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp milk
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp butter
½ cup white wine or chicken broth
- Season meat with salt and pepper and dust with flour, shaking off excess.
- Beat egg with milk and put in a shallow bowl. Toss breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together and place in another shallow bowl.
- Dip each piece of pork in egg, coating both sides and dredge in bread/parmesan mixture, coating well and set aside. Continue with the rest of the meat.
- Meanwhile preheat the oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add in breaded meat and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until browned and crispy. Remove to a plate.
- Add the wine and the juice of the lemon and slide meat back into pan. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is cooked through and pan sauce is slightly reduced.