Okay I caved. I jumped on the Chicken Enchilada Skillet wagon, and boy am I glad I did.
Hah! So is my family. They're the ones that really reap all the benefits.
But who on earth wouldn't want to share with a great recipe like this?
I mean, everyone loves a good enchilada, and these are super easy, super flavorful and made in just one skillet.
ONE PAN. ENCHILADAS. CHICKEN. YUM!!
Those four words should sway anyone. Wait maybe this will...
See, it really is all that.
The good thing is, it comes together super fast, uses everyday pantry items and you can speed up the prep even faster by using cooked chicken.
Either way you're in for a delicious meal and your family will be high-fiving and fist pumping their way through their plate!!
The WHOLE enchilada pan and...
What you'll be digging a fork into (or are you foregoing the plate?).
12 oz. chicken breast-boneless skinless, sliced into thin slices
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper
6-8 medium flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp oil
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 12 oz. can red enchilada sauce
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or a cojack blend
fresh chopped cilantro, green onion, tomato, olives, sour cream-optional for garnish
- Heat a large saute pan over medium with 1 tsp of the oil. Season chicken with garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Saute 2-3 minutes per side until lightly browned and then set aside.
- Heat remaining oil and put tortillas in pan, stirring to coat. Cook, stirring intermittently for 6-8 minutes, until lightly browned and crisped up.
- Meanwhile, chop chicken into 1/2" pieces and return to the pan.
- Pour in tomatoes, enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Stir and continue to cook on medium low for another 5 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup of cheese and stir and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, until bubbly and cheese on top starts to melt.
- Serve with garnishes if desired.
Recipe Adapted from:Damn Delicious