Sunday, July 6, 2014

Baked Frittata with Salami Bacon




Salami Bacon.

Bacon made from salami?

You betcha!

I have made this all my life. Being from the San Francisco Bay Area I grew up with awesome dry salami. Now that I live in the Midwest, they don't have it so much, but it's slowly making it's way here. 

What they do have, Genoa salami, makes awesome salami bacon though. 

If you like salami , frying or baking it to make it "bacon" makes it an even more intense, crispy, salty bite of salami goodness. 

We eat it as bacon, on Frittata's (duh), in sandwiches, on salads...

Anywhere you would use bacon. 





This here ol' Frittata is a no brainer. 

They are so good and easy. I make them to clean out my frig.

Really.

Leftover cooked meats, veggies, the ends and little bits of greens or cheese. 

Chop, sauté and then pour over beaten eggs. 

Throw that baby in the oven and 15-20 minutes later....

Voila!



But the salami bacon....

To die for. 

Bake or fry them whole and top a burger...it's insane.

So here's the low down on making Salami Bacon.

Preheat a saute pan to medium or oven to 350F.

Saute the salami rounds or pieces until darkened and crispy. Place on a paper towel lined plate to drain. 

Or...


Line a large baking sheet with foil (ease of clean up). Place salami flat on the foil, not touching and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Watch carefully that they don't get too dark or burn-it can happen fast!

Believe me I know. (But my family knows I kinda like them dark).

Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.

A great recipe for Frittata can be found Here.

Enjoy!


This recipe is shared on My Link Parties Also shared on Weekend Potluck and Buns In My Oven and Daily Dish

No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....