Friday, August 22, 2014

Simple Elote Dip


Our youngest child recently spent a week in Arizona with her best friend and her mom. They stayed with relatives and visited the Grand Canyon, a spa, Arizona State and more. 

One of the places she raved about was Elote Cafe in Sedona. (I know-she's her mothers girl-raving about food!) she just could not get over how delicious the corn dip, that they are famous for, was.

So I decided to surprise her one day and try to make it. It just so happened my parents gave me a big bag filled with corn also! Sweet, fresh Iowa corn-the best!


This dip is generally served warm with the seasoning and cilantro sprinkled on top. I upped the easy quotient by incorporating it all together and serving it without warming it up (it's hot and humid now).

It disappeared in my house. I'm certain the same thing will happen in your home heated or not. 

I threw in a minced red jalapeño which gave it the heat we love, but feel free to leave it out, it's delicious and creamy and full on corn and you'll want to make this again and again. 







INGREDIENTS
4 ears sweet corn-grilled or steamed and shucked or 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 lime, juice only
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup Cotija cheese (I used a shredded co-jack, it's what I had)
2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
1 jalapeño pepper minced-optional
Tortilla chips

DIRECTIONS
1) Place corn in a large bowl.

2) In a separate bowl, whisk together mayo, lime, hot sauce, salt, pepper, sugar and water.

3) Add sauce mixture to corn and jalapeno if using, along with cheese, cilantro and chili powder, mix well.

4) Serve with tortilla chips. 

To serve this warm, pour the sauce mixture into a skillet over medium heat, add in corn and cook for 4-6 minutes until heated through and it starts to thicken. Pour into a serving dish and top with cheese, cilantro and chili powder.

Adapted from Macheesmo.com.




Enjoy!









This recipe is shared on My Link Parties. Also shared on Weekend Potluck and Buns In My Oven and Daily Dish

No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....