It's worth repeating!
My family loves to have things off the grill, as do many I'm sure.
When it's grilling season, I'm game to try almost anything on the grill (except rice, it just doesn't work believe me).
So I prepped Asparagus from our garden and Chicken Sausage Kabobs with red and yellow peppers, onions and pineapple. Grilled and then brushed with a sweet and sour glaze--Yum!!
Can't wait to dive in??
This is a fast, simple and really quite delicious meal to grill. It is on and off the grill in about 10 minutes. The total meal comes together in the time it takes to make a pot of rice, about 20 minutes!
1 lb. fresh asparagus-tossed with 1 tbsp of EVOO and salt & peppered.
1 lb. of your favorite sausage ( ours is a Chicken Cheddar!), sliced into 1" pieces
1 each-yellow & Red bell pepper, cored and sliced into 1"cubes
1/2 sweet onion, peeled and cubed into 1" pieces
8 oz. can of Pineapple chunks drained and reserve juice
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp agave syrup or brown sugar
1 tsp black pepper
- Mix ketchup, pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Thread onto skewers, sausage, pineapple, onion, peppers and continue using about 4-5 pieces of sausage per skewer. (we made 8 skewers)
- Preheat a grill to med high and place skewers and asparagus directly over heat. Cook turning until grill marks appear and asparagus is still crisp tender, about 8 minutes (depending on the size of your asparagus it may be ready in less than 5 minutes).
- Remove asparagus to a serving dish and start slathering the Sweet & Sour glaze onto the skewers turning and coating over all sides, grilling about about another 2-4 minutes.
- Remove to your serving tray and serve over/with rice.