Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

Sometimes you just crave certain foods.....

You know what I mean I'm sure Food at some point in our lives makes an indelible print in our memories. Whether it was just a meal 2 weeks ago or something that touched you 2 years or 20 years ago, that is the magic of food. 

Food brings us together to celebrate, to console, to rejoice and to remember. I can't think of a better way to mark the events that define my life or my family. 

So...yeah. We received 8-10" inches of the cold white stuff the other day. First time that has happened to us in a while. It used to be the norm I think, but as we have been experiencing our environment getting warmer, the 3-4 foot snow totals have dropped off. (Global Warming naysayers beware!).

But of course, given that schools were shut down and snowplows were grinding up and down the streets, it's only logical that I would come home and make BBQ Chicken, right?

No, I am not crazy, at least not professionally diagnosed...ahem. 

BUT----I can make it in my slow cooker. Hmmm huh, yes I can. 


And I can do it with a minimum of 2 ingredients. But I generally use 3. 

So I bring to you-------------------
@sourdoughnative
       Wow, is this finger licking good looking or what??!!

Ingredients:
8-10 Chicken drumsticks, or use Thighs or Breasts in proportion (mine were frozen)
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce-I used a Kansas City Style
1 Onion diced-optional, but it adds flavor
(I also added powdered Garlic and Pepper-totally optional)

Directions:
  1. Place the chicken in the slow cooker, sprinkle with onions and seasoning if using. Pour the BBQ over all to coat as best possible. 
  2. Cook on High for 4-6 or Low for 8-10. 
*If your sauce is too thin at the end, vent or cant the lid to facilitate evaporating and thickening the sauce. This may happen if you throw your chicken in frozen like me, but it works like a charm.

This recipe is shared on:
Tasty Tuesday Party @ Naptime Creations
Totally Tasty Tuesdays @ Mandy’s Recipe Box
Two Cup Tuesday @ Pint Sized Baker
Cast Party Wednesday @ Lady Behind the Curtain
What I Whipped Up Wednesday @ Sugar and Dots
Wiked Good Wednesday @ I Love My Disorganized Life
Whats Cooking Wednesday @ Buns in My Oven

 
Cast Party Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....