It was a tad windy yesterday, but that could be why Iowa is dotted with enormous Windmills all over the state.
Being able to plan what's for dinner is open for all kinds of other options now that the outdoor grill is involved. Sometimes I opt for the whole meal to be prepared on the grill!!
Although, I haven't quite figured out how to cook rice on the grill...
During these months we stuff ourselves with fresh vegetables and fruits, well almost all of us.
She's 15, but our youngest just found out; she claimed she was eating a vegetable, a tomato; we told her she was actually eating a fruit. Look of shock!! She's not a fruit eater.
Anyhoo, invariably there might be some leftovers, and what better way to utilize these but by making a quesdilla??
I know, I thought it was a great idea as well. So...I used leftover skirt steak, zucchini, spinach, cheese and my Caramelized Onion, Bacon Dip.
OMG!!! This baby is awesome. Thank goodness I didn't have to share.
This is such an easy meal to put together. Start by spreading the Carmelized Onion, Bacon Dip on one 8" flour tortilla.
Then layer with the grilled steak and cut up zucchini...
Add the Spinach and cheese
2-8" flour tortillas
2-3 oz. grilled skirt steak
1/2 cup grilled zucchini
2 tbsp Caramelized Onion, Bacon Dip
1/4 cup Cheese-shredded
1/2 cup Spinach leaves
- Spread the Caramelized Onion, Bacon Dip on one tortilla
- Distribute the steak and zucchini over the dip, cover with spinach and lastly the cheese.
- Top with the other tortilla
- In a heated pan or grill, cook the quesadilla for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the cheese is melted, and everything is heated through.
- Slice into quarters or sixths and serve.
This recipe is shared with:Link Parties