I know one of the best ways to use leftover ham is in the classic Scalloped Ham and Potatoes.
But I have been ramping up our veggie intake lately and decided to also include a layer of Broccoli.
Broccoli by itself....bleh.
Layered with tender gold potatoes, ham and a creamy sauce with cheese....
Then make your sauce and start assembling in a shallow baking dish that has been coated with nonstick spray.
This is the first layer, continue with your ingredients and make another one.
Bake covered, then uncover, broil and ta da!!
2 1/2 lbs. potatoes ( I used little Gold potatoes that I par-boiled)
2 cups ham-chopped
2-3 cups broccoli-frozen, thawed-chopped
1/2 small onion-diced
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
2 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a large, shallow baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter and saute the onions for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the milk and whisk to combine, stirring occasionally until thickened. Season with S&P and set aside.
- Layer half of the potatoes in the dish, followed by half the ham and then broccoli. Pour half the sauce evenly over the top and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Make another layer and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake. If you parboiled the potatoes, bake for about 30-40 minutes otherwise bake for 70-90 minutes.
- Uncover and turn the broiler on, broil for 5-7 minutes or until browned and bubbly on top.
This recipe is shared with:
Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday
Foodie Friends Friday
Foodie Friday @ Designs by Gollum
Friday Favorites @ Simply Sweet Home
Foodie Friends Friday @ Busy Vegetarian Mom
A Bouquet of Talent
Strut Your Stuff
Your Great Idea
Weekend Potluck @ Sunflower Supper Club
Saturday Show and Tell @ Cheerios and Lattes
Saturday Spotlight @ Angels Homestead
Pity Party@Thirty handmade Days
Thursday's Treasures Link Party@Chocolate, Chocolate and More