Friday, February 14, 2014

Slow Cooker Pork Enchiladas-THE BEST!!







I seriously thought that my 16 year old daughter had come down with something because after she started eating this dish, she could not stop talking (she doesn't vocalize much at this age...) about how GOOD these enchiladas were!!

I love it when I can make my family non-speechless!!

I have to admit we are a family that loves a lot of diversity in our foods, but hands down the one we always consider "comfort" food is of Hispanic origin.
 
We like to tease my mom, she's almost 76, that she is from the "old country" but in reality she was born in northern New Mexico and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area (I was raised there also, hence SourdoughNative-wink wink).

She grew up cooking many Mexican dishes among so many others and it has just always been our favorite. Whenever we gather as a family 8 out of 10 times it will be centered around a big Mexican meal. And we LOVE it!

This easy take on a classic Mexican dish was started the day before in my slow cooker. I threw put a 3 pound pork butt roast in the slow cooker and covered it with 1 1/2 cups of homemade enchilada sauce (you could use canned of course). And that's it..........

For the pork filling of course. Once it's done, after 8-9 hours, shred it with 2 big forks and then make enchiladas, tacos, burritos, bowls, sandwiches and on and on. 

Come on! Let's get your Enchiladas on!

I was Featured:

I was featured at #GetHimFed Fridays

 


Ingredients:
3-4 lb. Pork butt or shoulder roast
2 cups Enchilada Sauce, canned or your own, here’s my Enchilada Sauce

2 cups Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
10 6” flour tortillas

Extras:
Pico de Gallo or Salsa
Avocado
Sour Cream
Diced Onions

Directions:

  1. Place the pork in the slow cooker on low and cover with the sauce. Cook for 8-10 hours, then with 2 large forks shred the meat. Make sure to reserve the liquid.
  2. In a non stick sprayed baking dish, ladle in ¼ cup or so of the cooking liquid.
  3. place the tortillas on a flat surface and portion a tablespoon of cheese on each one and top with 2-3 tablespoons of shredded pork.
  4. Roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish, continue until you have made as many as you need. (I made an extra dish and placed it in the freezer).
  5. Ladle over the top of the enchiladas with enough cooking liquid to coat and drizzle down the sides a little. Cover with foil and bake in a 350° oven for 35 minutes, then uncover and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
  6. Bake another 5 minutes until cheese is melted and everything is bubbly.
  7. Let set for 5-10 minutes in order to serve individually.

Enjoy!! 
This recipe is shared on My Link Parties



No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....