Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Today we were excited to attend the Wedding of 2 great kids in our community. It turned out to be an absolutely gorgeous day for a Wedding. The bride was beautiful and the groom so handsome, they make quite the couple. There was a stunning reception put on afterwards at the famous Surf Ball Room  in Clear Lake, Iowa and it was attended by hundreds of people. Truly a blessed day for all. 

In honor of such a beautiful day and because I was not in the kitchen; I am sharing a great post by Six Sister's Stuff for some really good cookies. Enjoy!!


Lemon Cool-Whip Crinkle Cookies

When I originally saw this recipe, I seriously didn't think that it would work. Who would have thought that Cool-Whip could make such soft, light-weight cookies? This recipe is also incredibly versatile! I have made it using a Devil's Food cake mix and they were equally delicious! I really think that you could substitute any flavor of cake mix and have it work just fine. I even used Lite Cool-Whip and they turned out awesome.
Side note: This dough is VERY sticky and hard to work with. Instead of using my hands to roll the cookie balls, I would scoop the dough using a spoon and plop it into a bowl of powdered sugar. From there I would use to spoon to roll it around in the sugar until it was totally coated, and then use my hands to make it a ball.
 
Recipe from: Six Sisters Stuff 
  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
  • 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease baking sheets.
  2. Beat together the whipped topping and eggs together. Add the lemon cake mix and continue to mix. Dough will be sticky.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  3. Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of confectioners' sugar and roll to coat. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets. Bake  for 9-11 minutes.  Cool on racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....