Friday, May 24, 2013

30 Minute Goulash







This is, hands down, a family favorite. 

 
Which makes me wonder why I haven't made it lately. So when I started putting it together for dinner, my family were like, "YES!". 

Then we had to go sit for 2 hours and watch a softball game in 40F weather. Brrr. 

So coming home to and having a steaming bowl of Goulash was a welcome comfort. The added bonus is that this is really a "30 Minute Meal".

I t can be made with your favorite ground meat or even TVP or tofu for a vegetarian version. 
This is one of the only reasons I keep canned green beans in my pantry,(just so not a canned veg girl-blech!), but in this recipe they are perfect. 

Give this a try, I really think it may make its way into your family's meal rotation. 


 Top it with your favorite cheese!!

Ingredients:
1 lb. elbow noodles
1.25 lbs of lean ground beef, pork, chicken or your favorite meat-free go to
1 onion, diced
2 14 oz. cand green beans, drained
1 24 oz. can or jar of your favorite Marinara sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
S & P to taste

Directions:
  1.  Begin by bringing a large pot of water to boil. Cook noodles just shy of al dente and drain.
  2. Meanwhile starting cooking and crumbling the ground meat, about 8-10 minutes, add in garlic powder, season with S & P, and then saute the onions for 5 minutes. 
  3. Add in drained green beans, pour pasta in  and then stir in Marinara sauce. Stir and cover and cook 5 minutes until heated through. 
  4. Top with your favorite shredded cheese, if you want. 
Enjoy!
This recipe is shared on My Link Parties
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....