Monday, May 20, 2013

Spinach Chive Pesto

Sunday dinners are a relaxed affair for us and I try to include my parents as much as possible. We always enjoy their company and they are the only relatives close to us; living in the same town, let alone state.

So on Sundays I try and make it extra special! So for dinner we had Chicken Parm Croquettes, Pasta with Spinach Chive Pesto, a huge green salad and sourdough bread!

With all the fresh Spinach I have and now Chives have popped up in the garden I was looking forward to making a pesto and boy did this turn out really well.



 
Look at how green and vibrant this is!! It has a beautiful mild flavor and made a nice saucy coating for the mixture of whole grain and spaghetti and durum linguine I used.

Ingredients:
4-6 cups of fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup of fresh chives chopped
1-2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup walnuts
1/3 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp black pepper
Salt to taste

Directions:
  1. In a food processor, pulse all the ingredients except the oil, until finely ground. 
  2. With the processor running, slowly stream in the oil until it makes a thick sauce. 
  3. The sauce may be used at this point, toss with hot pasta, thinning with up to a cup of pasta water or as needed. Sprinkle with added Parmesan cheese. 
  4. Or, place in a container and cover with a think coating of EVOO and refrigerate or make dollops on a large sheet pan and freeze. 
Enjoy!



This recipe is shared on My Link Parties



No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....