Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Grilled Miso Butter Garlic Shrimp


what i am eatingI was Featured!


This is hands down, my most favorite way to have shrimp.

Miso paste gives it a complex, slightly salty, nutty background. What some would call "Umami".

Since we are a family that loves many diverse dishes, I have explored using Miso paste in cooking and I love it. I have always loved Miso soup and to incorporate that earthy, salty taste in other dishes is a real treat.

I love the flavors of Pan-Asian cuisine, which incorporates many different flavors of various Asian cuisines. From Pho, to Thai, to Kung Pao all the way around to Japanese. I am a big fan of Asian-Fusion cooking also, which incorporates Asian techniques with other countries techniques and flavors. 

Of course adding butter and garlic adds that Asian-Fusion influence to this and makes it sing with flavor. The  Miso Butter Garlic marinade would be good on just about any protein or vegetable.

See how beautifully they grill up? This pairs well with any side. In this picture I made a Ranch Pesto Pasta and that recipe will be shown in the future. So good!





Ingredients:
1 lb. Shrimp (24-26 count)
6 tbsp Butter melted
1-2 tbsp Miso paste ( I use the lighter milder version)
1 Garlic clove-pressed, microplaned or finely minced.
Pinch of Pepper
1 tbsp EVOO

Directions:
  1. Preheat your grill to med-high
  2. In a larger dish, pour in the melted butter, miso, garlic and pepper and whisk to combine. 
  3. Toss the shrimp in to coat. 
  4. Grill the shrimp until pink, turning to cook both sides, about 2 minutes or less per side. (Don't over cook!!))



  Enjoy!!
This recipe is shared on My Link Parties

No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....