Monday, April 14, 2014

Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Pizzettas





That awful "s" word happened here last night. 

Snow.

It freakin' snowed here last night! 

I know, I know, it's not that big of a shock, but still. It's like putting salt on a wound, kicking ya when you're down, and then picking you up and saying...

oh, sorry about that. (That's been happening a lot in my life lately...)

I think there's a lot of people that would like to take Mother Nature behind the woodshed. In fact, there would be a really long line I'm thinking.

Just to kind of "spit in Her eye", I made Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Pizzetta's for lunch.


Grilled is the operative word here. I used leftover grilled chicken and zucchini from a couple days ago when it was almost 70 degrees here. 


Grilled outside on a gas grill. 

In the sunshine. 

Outside. 

Yeah, She doesn't care. But they were still really awesome because I used grilled ingredients.







Ingredients:
Small flour tortillas-taco size about 6-7" 
chicken breast-grilled or cooked-chopped or shredded
Grilled zucchini and/or summer squash, chopped
2 tbsp taco sauce
1 mozzarella stick, halved and pulled into thin strings
1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used 2 thin slices of Havarti)
Cilantro leaves-minced
Sliced green onion


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. On a small baking sheet, place tortillas and smear a tbsp of taco sauce on each. Place the mozzarella on each and cover each tortilla with chicken and zucchini. Place cheese over this.
3. Bake for 10-11 minutes, until cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
4. Drizzle with more taco sauce if desired and sprinkle with cilantro and green onion.


Enjoy!!  





This recipe is shared on My Link Parties







Also shared on Weekend Potluck 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....