Monday, October 20, 2014

Cookie Dough/S'mores Crispy Rice Bars



I'd like to say that every time I make a batch of cookie, all the dough gets baked...

I can't. 
Ahem...

Somehow when the recipe says I should get 3-4 dozen cookies from the recipe only about 2 dozen actually get baked into cookies. 

So...my family eats cookie dough? Oh yeah, you bet. Even I indulge. 

I mean you have to taste it and make sure you didn't forget the salt, right?!

So, when my youngest offspring asked me to make crispy rice bars, I was thinking how could I change them up? 

Frost them with a cookie dough-like frosting and add in chocolate and marshmallows of course. 


They're ooey-gooey and hit all the right points for crispy rice, cookie dough and s'mores!

Win, win!

After you make these, hide the pan, cause they'll be gone in 2 minutes! Seriously.


Okay, are you done drooling?

Make these, NOW!



INGREDIENTS:

3 tablespoons unsalted butter

5 1/2 cups mini marshmallows (almost the whole bag-the rest is used in the topping)

6 cups rice krispie cereal 

1/2 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup unsalted butter

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 tablespoons flour

1 1/4 cups powdered sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons milk

1/2 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup mini marshmallows

DIRECTIONS:

Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray, set aside.

In a heavy pot, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add in the marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are completely melted. 

While marshmallows are melting pour rice krispie treats and 1/2 cup chocolate chips in to a large bowl and toss to combine. 

When marshmallows are completely melted pour it over the top of the cereal mixture and mix with a spatula until cereal is completely coated in marshmallow. Pour cereal into the baking dish and spread out evenly with a spatula that’s been sprayed with cooking spray or butter your hands like I did. I like to push down on the cereal and compact it a little.

Set rice krispie treats aside while you make the cookie dough topping.

In a medium pot melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. When completely melted add in the brown sugar, whisking until sugar is dissolved, then allow mixture to bubble and cook for a minute or two. Turn the heat off and add in the vanilla. Let this mixture sit for 20 minutes to cool off.

Once cool, add in the remaining ingredients, whisking to combine. If the mixture is too thick add another little splash of milk. Spread the cookie dough over the top of the rice krispie treats and pop in the fridge for 20 minutes to set up.

Remove from fridge, cut in to squares, and prepare to eat the whole tray in two minutes flat.


This recipe is adapted from: Stephs Bite By Bite


Enjoy!

  This recipe is shared on My Link Parties. Also shared on http:// www.thecountrycook.net and http://www.bunsinmyoven.com/ and http://www.foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com/ 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....